Friday, February 22, 2013

An Introduction of Sorts

As an American, it is not uncommon for me to encounter those who aren't aware of what transpires past state lines, much less national boundaries. I myself was raised in the Deep South in a multicultural household that was nothing less than interesting. I've had one foot in America and one in an airplane perhaps my entire life. 

But this isn't a travel blog.

Rather, it's a community for the culturally interested. I will speak about my own experiences living with an Indian father and a Southern mother and will use this space to highlight world events. Moreover, any cultural notes I pick up in research or travel will also be spat back onto here. My goal is to create a communal place to discuss things of international interest and importance. Political activism, cultural anthropology, historical anecdotes, and even foreign music will all find their way into this playfully quirky font. 
But I want to hear from y'all too. Discussion is the greatest form of learning, so comment and talk to me! I want to hear your thoughts!

"Let him that move the world first move himself."
-Socrates 


No comments:

Post a Comment